Rules for Intelligent Check-in
Intelligent check-in is available for all regular flights operated by GOL, except flights to the United States (MIA and MCO), Barbados (BGI), Paramaribo (PBM), Punta Cana (PUJ) and Tobago (TAB). Additionally, passengers can check in up to seven days in advance (except at 24-hour self-service kiosks) for flights to:
Cut-off time for check-in at self-service kiosks: 30 minutes before the flight.
Cut-off time for online check-in: 45 minutes before the flight.
Cut-off time for check-in at self-service kiosks: 1 hour and 10 minutes before the flight.
Cut-off time for online check-in: 1 hour and 10 minutes before the flight.
During intelligent check-in, you must enter your identification document number and other required information, such as an emergency contact phone number. The identification document indicated must be valid and in good condition so that you can be identified by GOL and inspection authorities.
In accordance with ANAC Resolution 130, the identification document indicated must be presented at a check-in counter or service counter at the airport (if checking baggage) and when boarding.
It is the passenger’s responsibility to provide accurate ID information and to check the vaccination and visa requirements of their country of destination. Should the passenger not present a valid ID, GOL will refuse to serve the passenger until a valid ID is provided. Should this result in the passenger missing a flight, any and all expenses resulting from flight changes will be of the sole responsibility of the passenger.
Do you have questions about identification documents? Then click here to find additional information on identification documents.
Baggage check, carry-on and boarding procedures.
If you have baggage to check, please arrive at the airport with a valid photo ID at least:
1 hour before domestic flights or 2 hours before international flights (except for flights departing from Bolivia, which require passengers to arrive at least 3 hours before departure).
If you only have carry-on baggage, you may proceed directly to the boarding gate, provided your carry-on baggage complies with current legislation (ANAC Ordinance 676):
- Carry-on luggage may weigh up to 5 kg (11 lbs);
- The sum of the length, width and height of the carry-on baggage must not be more than 115 centimeters (45 inches);
It's prohibited to:
- Transport sharp, pointed, flammable or explosive items. Additionally, for international flights, your carry-on baggage may only contain 100ml (3.4 oz) of liquid (including lotion and gel), which must be packaged in a clear plastic container.
- The airport administration may prevent the boarding of any passenger whose carry-on baggage contains prohibited items and/or items classified as dangerous. Should this result in the passenger missing a flight, any and all expenses resulting from flight changes will be of the sole responsibility of the passenger.
Do you have any questions or would you like to travel with special items like sports equipment? Click here to find more about how to pack your bags.
After checking your baggage (if you have checked baggage), you must show for boarding at the boarding gate with a valid photo ID at least:
40 minutes before a domestic flight or 1 hour before an international flight. The boarding process will end 15 minutes before takeoff.
Click here to check the procedures.
Expectant mothers may use intelligent check-in, provided they follow certain procedures. Click here to find out more:
Should you need to complete the responsibility declaration form, please click on the link above to speed up the boarding process.
- Traveling within seven days before or after childbirth.
- The expectant mother’s medical authorization must be issued no more than a week before boarding and be valid for 30 days, as long as, on the date of her return flight, the gestation period of her pregnancy is the same.
Check-in, cancellations and no-shows:
If your plans have changed, you may cancel your intelligent check-in up to 40 minutes before domestic flights and up to 1 hour and 10 minutes before international flights.
Should a passenger be a no-show for boarding, the passenger will have to pay any and all fees and fare differences, regardless of whether the passenger checked-in or not.
Do you have any questions about no-shows? Click here to find out about the procedures..
Pets in the passenger cabin:
If you would like to travel with a pet, you will be required to follow certain procedures. Click here to learn about the boarding procedures and rules.
Should a passenger not follow any of the procedures, GOL will refuse to serve the passenger until the passenger complies with the procedures. Should this result in the passenger missing a flight, any and all expenses resulting from flight changes will be of the sole responsibility of the passenger.
Exceptions for intelligent check-in:
This service is not available to:
- Unaccompanied minors;
- Minors on international flights;
- Passengers transporting pets in the baggage compartment;
- Charter flights;
- Flights operated by partner airlines;
- Passengers who qualify for the following cases of special assistance:
● Reservations for passengers with a lap child;
● Passengers who request approval from GOL's medical department via the MEDIF form;
● FREMEC bearers.