In the passenger cabin
In addition to guide, hearing, and service dogs accompanying an individual with impaired vision, you can now take small dogs or cats onboard the passenger cabin. The following restrictions apply:
• Only domestic animals at least four months old may fly.
• This service must be requested at least 3 hours in advance of your flight and you must check in at least 2 hours before boarding.
• Only one (1) pet is permitted per passenger and one (1) per row of seats, with a limit of four (4) per flight – the flight crew will assist you.
• Small animals must remain below the seat in front of you.
• Prior to boarding, you will need to fill out a form available at the airport’s client services counter.
• The animal’s weight combined with its carrier must not exceed 10 kg (22 lbs.).
Transportation carriers must be in accordance with the international standard guidelines established by the IATA (International Air Transportation Association). GOL allows two types of leak-proof kennels: rigid and flexible. Their dimensions must be, at most:
Rigid kennels: 22cm high x 43cm deep x 32 cm wide (8.7 x 16.9 x 12.6 in.). These carriers must be resistant, made of rigid fiber or plastic;
Flexible kennels: 24cm high x 43cm deep x 32 cm wide (9.4 x 16.9 x 12.6 in.). These carriers must include a rigid interior structure that keeps it firm, and must be made of a waterproof material;
- Carriers or crates made of other materials, such as permeable fabric, wood or straw, are not acceptable for boarding;
- In order for your pet to travel comfortably, its carrier must be sufficiently large for it to move in a complete circle, and the internal dimensions must be adequate for its size. Furthermore, it is important for there to be openings that allow air to circulate;
- It must include an internal or external device to prevent accidental opening;
- The kennel must be lined with a material that absorbs urine and feces, preventing leakages during transportation.
GOL does not transport animals inside the passenger cabin on international flights, flights by partner airlines, or interline or codeshare flights.
How to request this service:
Call us: 0300 101 2001 (service from Monday to Saturday, from 6 AM to 8 PM).
A $70 fee is charged per segment for this service.
Short-snouted breeds can board only inside the passenger cabin, due to traits inherent to their respiratory system.