If you, or someone traveling with you, will require special assistance due to some disability or needs to fly with a companion, pay attention to the following information.
The GOL client must send his personal physician the Medical Information Form (MEDIF) to be completed and signed. This document will prove the person’s special need.
This form must be completed when the customer:
- Has some condition that GOL believes to be contagious;
- May develop any behavior or unusual physical condition that may have an adverse effect on the well-being and comfort of other passengers or crew.
- May be considered a potential safety risk for the flight or its timely operation (e.g. route change or extra landing);
- May need medical attention or special equipment to maintain his health during the flight (oxygen or stretcher);
- May have his medical condition aggravated during or due to the flight;
- Need special attention because of immobilized lower limbs in a cast or splint.
The air transportation of passengers in such situations is subject to prior authorization of GOL’s medical department, based on information pertaining to his physical and mental conditions, provided by the customer himself (via the MEDIF) or by his physician.
If GOL’s requirements are not met, customers who need medical authorization may not be authorized to fly, in order to ensure the safety of the customer and of other passengers.
If a companion is needed, GOL may grant an 100% discount on the fare for the class used. Click here to download the form; see below how to complete and submit the MEDIF to GOL.
|How to complete the form
||How to submit it to GOL
|Read and fill in the information in legible text.
||After correctly and legibly completing the form, scan the three sheets and the medical report (using a scanning device or multifunctional printer).
|Print the three forms.
||Save the scanned files somewhere in your computer.
|Check or fill in the fields using a pen.
||Open your e-mail program and send the forms as attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Sign and complete the forms as shown below:
MEDIF – PART 1
- To be completed by the passenger or legal representative;
MEDIF – PART 2
- To be completed by the attending physician;
MEDIF – PART 3
- Information for medical professionals.
|The subject line of the e-mail should be: “Completed MEDIF – YOUR RESERVATION LOCATOR CODE” and include the reservation (locator) code for the passenger with special needs.
If you have any questions about completing the MEDIF form, please contact the Online Chat or GOL Customer Service Center.