The Smiles Ticket and Smiles Any Day Ticket tables are subject to change without prior notice and are applicable according to VRG operated route availability. RULES: The rules herein apply to all Smiles Awards (Smiles Tickets, Smiles Any Day, Smiles Reduced Miles and Smiles & Money) involving trips on VRG flights:
1. Tickets can be issued on VRG routes to anywhere within South America and between South America, the Caribbean and the United States.
2. Tickets must be issued at the time of request. Reservations may not be made for tickets to be issued at a later time.
3. Intermediary stops between origin and destination are not allowed.
4. Embargo periods (temporary restrictions on sale of seats through Smiles Awards) for Smiles Tickets and Smiles Any Day Tickets on VRG flights may be introduced, changed or suspended at VRG’s discretion without prior notice.
5. The cancelation of a Smiles Ticket with refund of valid miles (Refund) may be requested while the tickets and miles are valid; the miles will be refunded to the Smiles Account with their original validity upon payment of an administrative fee. Information about payment methods and fee amounts are available on the Smiles website or the Smiles Service Center.
6. In situations where the trip has a connection or layover and, for any voluntary reason, the Smiles Ticket is not used in full, no change or refund request will be allowed.
||South Africa, Angola, Argeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Congo, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Reunion Island, Canary Island, Seychelles Island, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Kenya, Central African Republic, Rwanda, Senegal, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda and Zambia.
||Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Martinique, Nicaragua and Panama.
||Canada, United States and Mexico.
||Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, El Salvador, Ecuador, French Guiana, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay e Venezuela.
||Kazakhstan, China, Singapore, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Republica of Korea, Thailand, Taiwan e Vietnam.
||Nederlands Antilles, Aruba, Bahamas, Bermuda, Cuba, Dominica, Granada, Guadalupe, Haiti, Saint Lucia Islands, Cayman Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, American Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Saint Christopher and Nevis and Trinidad and Tobago.
||Albania, Germany, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Great Britain, Greece, Holland, Hungary, England, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Sweden, Switzerland and the Ukraine.
||Australia, Pacific Islands, New Caledonia and French Polynesia.
||Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Cyprus, Arab Emirates, Iran, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Syria e Turkey.
In order to ensure that you have a worry-free and comfortable trip, remember to get the necessary documentation in order prior to boarding.Your photo ID has to be in a state of conservation that allows for photo identification.For international flights, certified copies of documents are not accepted; only valid, original documentation may be used.Click herefor more information on the documentation necessary for boarding.
1. Should the combination of more than one Partner Airline be necessary to complete the trip, tickets must be issued separately, in compliance with the rules for issuing tickets specified in these Regulations.
2. The amount of miles listed on the table above refers to awards of only 1 (one) segment (one outbound or return ticket). Should the trip involve 2 (two) segments, without considering the intermediate stop, the number of miles required to issue the ticket will be twice that indicated on the table above.
3. The table of destinations shown comprises countries that are considered to be within award zones defined by the Smiles Program. However, the possibility of issuing a Smiles Ticket to a given country in the desired period must be verified with the Smiles Service Center.
4. The issuing of Smiles Tickets involving different class parameters (economy, business, first) will be permitted, and in this situation the value charged will be based on the greatest value in miles. When the segment involves a connection in a city within a zone that requires a larger number of miles than the trip’s destination zone, separate tickets must be issued.
5. Smiles Tickets involving different zone parameters may not be issued; separate tickets must be issued, one for each zone.
6. Smiles Tickets involving the same city more than once (even in the case of different airports) in the same direction of the itinerary or a regression of the itinerary may not be issued; the connection points must be within direct routes. In these situations, tickets must be issued separately.
7. Smiles Tickets involving Partner Airline flights may be issued with up to 4 (four) segments when they include intermediate stops, and the trip’s point of return may be a different city from the trip’s destination.
7.1 Up to 2 (two) intermediate stops will be allowed, one in the outbound and one in the return direction, within the trip’s destination region; the boarding city for the trip’s final destination must be the same city where the intermediate stop occurred. Intermediate stops will not be permitted in flights that are purely domestic (regardless of country) or when the trip involves only European countries.
8. The Smiles Ticket table involving Partner Airlines is applicable to all flights operated by them, with the exception of Codeshare and Charter flights.
9. There are no embargo periods (temporary restriction on sales of seats in classes for Smiles Awards – using miles) for Smiles Tickets on flights operated by the Smiles Program’s Partner Airlines; they may be modified, suspended or introduced at these companies’ discretion without prior notice.
10. There is a maximum limit of 3 (three) connections per direction of the itinerary.
11. Changes to the trip’s date, time and/or itinerary may be made to another ticket with the same award (miles) value for unused flights that are still valid by paying an administrative fee. Information about fee amounts is available on the Smiles website or the Smiles Service Center.
12. The cancelation of a Smiles Ticket with the refund of valid miles will be applicable only for unused tickets that are still valid and use valid miles, whereby the miles will be refunded to the Smiles Account with their original validity upon payment of an administrative fee. Information about payment methods and fee amounts is available on the Smiles web site and the Smiles Service Center.
13. The table of destinations above includes countries considered to be within award zones; there is a possibility that Smiles One Way Tickets issued will be in charter flights and flights of partner airlines (codeshare).
Tickets for children under the age of two must be issued directly through the partner airline.