• Accessibility
  • Contrast
  •   Website without contrast
  •   Website with high white contrast
  •   Website with high black contrast
  •   Website with high blue contrast
  • A - Click here to go back to the website’s original font size
  • A + Click here to increase font size

Traveling by plane can be easier than you imagine. To help you answer questions and plan your flight we have prepared this practical travel guide. Here you will find useful information ranging from before you buy your ticket to your arrival at your destination.
Select from the subjects below and get tips from GOL for your worry-free trip.


​Planning a trip with children requires a little more attention. Check the requirements for domestic and international flights.

Domestic Flights

Escorted children

In order to board with a child under the age of 12,​ you must provide original or certified copies of the child's identification documents, which may include:

  • • Passport;
  • • Photo identification card (RG), issued by a State or Federal District Public Safety Departments;
  • • Identification cards issued by ministries or branches that are under the authority of the office of President, including the Army, Navy, Air Force and Ministry of Defense;
  • • Birth certificate.

According to the Child and Adolescent Statute, the child’s identification must prove that the adult responsible for the child is a relative or legal guardian. The adult must also provide a valid ID. Minors can travel with relatives of up to a third degree of kinship, as long as their relationship is proven by one of the documents below:

  • • ID (RG)
  • • Birth Certificate
  • • Passport (only those in the old format, with a green cover, that include the parents’ names).

Children travelling with grandparents or aunts/uncles:

  • • Birth certificate

If the child is travelling with any other adult who is not at least a third degree relative, a notarized, explicit authorization from a parent or guardian is required.

International flights

In order to board with a child under the age of 18, you must provide an original identification document for the child, which may include:

  • • Valid passport
  • • Photo identification card (RG), issued by a State or Federal District Public Safety Departments (only for MERCOSUL member countries);

See when parent authorization is necessary:

- Child or adolescent travelling with only one parent
A court order or notarized parental authorization from the other parent is required. The authorization by the non-travelling parent must be presented in 2 original copies.

- Child or adolescent travelling with third party adults
Court authorization, or that of both parents, is required. Parental authorization must include notarized signatures (from both parents) and must be presented in two original copies.


Lap Child
GOL does not transport children between 0 and 5 years of age unless accompanied by a responsible adult. If the child is up to one year and eleven months of age, he/she may board GOL flights without purchasing a ticket. However, to enjoy this benefit, the child must travel on the lap of a responsible adult or person over 12 years of age, in which case both minors must be under the responsibility of an adult. It is important to note that only one lap child is allowed per customer.

Unescorted children

Domestic Flights

If your child or your legal ward, older than five and less than twelve years of age, will fly unaccompanied, a court authorization will be required. Note that the child must travel under the authorization of the Juvenile Court, with a personal identification document and a completed Authorization for Travel by an Unaccompanied Minor form.

Identification documents that can be used for children between 5 and 12 years of age are: unexpired Brazilian passport; original identification card (RG) or a certified copy; original birth certificate or a certified copy. If the unaccompanied minor is older than 12 and under 18 years of age, he/she will not need a court authorization and can use: original identification card (RG) or a certified copy, original birth certificate or a certified copy, a valid Brazilian passport or a work permit (carteira de trabalho).
In the state of Minas Gerais, a photo ID is required for boarding. Birth certificates will not be accepted

International flights

For children or adolescents between 05 (five) and 18 (eighteen) years of age to travel unescorted on international flights, they must present either a travel authorization signed by both parents or a court authorization, in addition to a valid identification document. The travel authorization issued by the parents must be signed (by both parents) and notarized; two originals must be presented, as one will be kept by the Federal Police at the airport. Only one original copy of the court authorization need be provided.

Identification documents in this case include: a valid passport or Identification Card (RG) issued by a State Public Safety Department or by the Federal District (only for travel to MERCOSUL member countries). Both must be original, since copies are not accepted for international flights.


• Police Reports are not a valid form of documentation for children younger than 12 years of age.

This service must be requested through our Customer Service Center (0800 704 0465) or at one of our GOL stores.​​

Check in ahead of time

When you check in at the counter, a GOL employee will check all your documents. See how to speed up this process and make your trip flow more smoothly:

Print 3 copies of the Travel Authorization for Unaccompanied Minors Complete the form There!

One copy is for the airport of origin, one is for the destination airport and one is for the minor to carry during the trip.

Download now

Fill out every field in all three copies and keep them with the other required documents.

You’ve cut down the time you would spend waiting in line and the unaccompanied minor will fly worry-free and with all the safety and comfort GOL provides.

​​ ​​​​​