Since the beginning of the year, the whole world is on alert with the epidemic caused by a new strand of coronavirus in China. The main symptoms of the disease are high fever, coughing, and difficulty breathing; transmission happens by close proximity to infected people.
The Brazilian Government provides the following prevention guidelines:
- Wash your hands regularly and/or clean them with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- If you become ill, seek medical attention and report any history of recent travels.
- If you have recently returned from China and are showing symptoms, go to a health facility immediately.
We wish to remind everyone that no cases of the disease have yet been confirmed in Brazil.
For more information, visit the National Health Surveillance Agency’s (Anvisa) website.