Below are some tips on the best way to pack your bags:
• The identification tag attached to your baggage during check-in may be lost while the bag is in transit to the aircraft. Therefore, personalized baggage tags can speed up the recovery of lost baggage. On the outside of the baggage, place a personalized tag with your last name, telephone number and email address and, on the inside of the bag, place a card or piece of paper with this same information.
• Before checking your baggage, remove all tags from previous flights.
• Personalize your baggage with ribbons, stickers or any other accessory that will make it easier for you to identify it on the baggage carousel.
• Make sure the size of your baggage meets your needs and check that it is properly closed. Over-stuffed baggage could burst open during transit.
• Transport valuable, fragile and indispensable objects like keys, documents, jewelry, cash, medication and prescriptions in your carry-on baggage.
• Check whether your items can be transported in the passenger cabin or in the cargo hold.
• Take pictures of your checked baggage before travelling.