Learn about our customer service and find out which documents are required for travel.


Domestic Flights

In order to board with a child under the age of 16, you must provide the originals or certified copies of the child’s identification documents, which may include:

  • Valid passport that includes the parents’ names. If the passport does contain this information, you will need another document that proves kinship or confirmation from the Federal Police.
  • ID card (RG).
  • Birth certificate.

The child’s identification document must prove that the responsible adult is a parent, guardian or relative, and the adult must also provide a valid ID. According to the Child and Adolescent Statute, minors may travel with relatives of up to a third degree of kinship if demonstrated by appropriate documentation.

See the documents that may be presented by the adult to prove kinship:

  • Parents or siblings older than 18 years of age must present one of the following:
    • ID (RG)
    • Birth certificate.
    • Passport (only if it contains the parents’ names).
  • Grandparents or aunts/uncles:
    • Birth certificate.
  • Other adults over 18 years old

    If the child is traveling with another person who is not at least a third-degree relative, the following items must be presented:

    • Birth certificate (original or notarized copy) or a photo ID valid through Brazil (Example: RG card, passport).
    • Written authorization from the child’s father, mother or legal guardian, accompanied by the child’s original documents.
    • A minor younger than 16 years old will only be allowed to travel unaccompanied by a parent or guardian by presenting a consent from one of the parents or a legal guardian, in the form of a notarial act, a notarized private document, a valid passport bearing the express authorization for the minor to travel unaccompanied, or a court order.
  • In order to validate the signature on the written authorization (if it has not already been authenticated) and allow the minor to board, the parents or legal guardians must be present at check-in.

Voos Internacionais

In order to board with a child or teenager under the age of 18, you must provide an original identification document for the child, which may include:

  • Valid passport.
  • Identification card (RG), only when traveling to MERCOSUL member countries.

If the minor is less than 16 years old and is travelling unaccompanied by a parent or legal guardian, in addition to the documentation above, the following will be required:

  • Child or teenager travelling with only one parent:
    • You will have to provide a judicial authorization or notarized authorization from the other parent, the latter being required in the form of two originals.
  • If the child is travelling with third party adults:
    • A court order or a notarized authorization from both parents will be required (the latter in the form of two originals).
  • If the child is travelling unaccompanied:
    • An authorization, in two copies, from both parents or legal guardians, optionally with the minor’s photograph, signed and notarized; OR
    • A court order (in two copies); OR
    • Passports that include authorization for international travel, whereas the passport identification page must bear the authorization for the minor to travel with only one of the parents, or unaccompanied. 

See the detailed rules for unaccompanied minors here


Required documents for infants and children

The document requirements apply to domestic and international GOL flights and ensure a pleasant trip, free of complications. Learn more about the procedures for unaccompanied minors and click here to learn more about the documents required for passengers over the age of 16.



  • GOL does not transport children between 0 and 8 years of age unless accompanied by guardian over the age of 18.
  • Infants younger than 2 years of age can fly for free on domestic flights. On international flights, they pay 10% of the adult fare. On both domestic and international flights, infants must travel on the lap of an adult over the age of 18.
  • Only one lap child is allowed per passenger. If you are flying with twins, each child must travel with a paying adult passenger.
  • For more information, visit the website of the National Civil Aviation Agency (ANAC).

Child safety restraint system (booster seat)

GOL offers child safety seats that can be used aboard aircraft for an additional fee. A child safety seat can accommodate a child of up to 2 years of age and must be requested at least 48 hours in advance. For security reasons, child safety seats must be secured in such a way that they do not impede the movement of passengers or obstruct emergency exits. In this case, a new seat is charged.

If you like, you may bring your own child safety seat, provided it has a seal indicating it suitable for use on an aircraft. Here, the price of a new seat with discount is charged.

In both cases, a ticket for the seat will be charged. To reserve a child safety seat or to bring your own, please contact the GOL Customer Service Center.

  • Share