If your child or your legal ward is older than 5 and less than 12 years of age and will fly unaccompanied on a domestic flight, an authorization issued by a family court will be required. The child must travel with:
Authorization from the family court;
- Personal identification document;
- Documento de identificação pessoal;
- Completed Underage Minor Travel Authorization form.
Children from 5 to 12 years of age may use one of the following identification documents:
- Original or notarized copy of identification card (RG);*
- Original or notarized copy of birth certificate;*
Children under the age of 12 who have traveled to a destination, but lost their documents before the return trip, will have to present a family court authorization to return, even if in the company of their parents.
If the unaccompanied minor is older than 12 but younger than 18 years of age, he/she will not need a court authorization to travel and may travel using:
- Original or notarized copy of identification card (RG);
- Work permit.