Unaccompanied minors may also fly with GOL

GOL provides supervision for children who are older than 5 years of age and traveling unaccompanied by an adult. Would you like to use this service? Read more about it below:

When buying tickets through a digital channel, you may purchase this service on the same screen where you provide the child's information.




App / mobile website

Desktop website

If you wish, you can also purchase this service through the Sales Hotline (0300 115 2121) or any GOL Store. See the prices below:

How much does it cost?

Travel companion service:

USD 50

Each way and each person.
Fare valid for all age groups.

Travel companion service:

USD 110

Each way and each person.
Fare valid for all age groups.

Learn about the service and its rules:



The service is mandatory for children from 5 to 12 years of age and optional for children from 12 to 18 years of age.



Our Unaccompanied Minor service ensures that the child will be given special attention and care throughout the trip, even if there are delays.

The child will remain under the constant supervision of airport staff or members of the cabin crew. However, please note that such supervision is not exclusive. During boarding, a GOL employee will meet and escort the child to the aircraft. Once aboard the aircraft, the child will be escorted to the correct seat and then remain under the care of the head flight attendant. At the destination airport, a GOL employee will meet and escort the child to the designated adult.


Travel Companion

The Travel Companion service is available to customers who purchase the Unaccompanied Minor service. Every time the passenger's boarding pass is scanned by one of our employees, you will receive updates on their trip via email or the GOL app, allowing you to follow their progress at every stage, from check-in to final destination.

The service is not available for flights from or to Quito (UIO), Paramaribo (PBM), Cancun (CUN) or the US. For these destinations, you can purchase the service normally, but there is no real-time information sent to your smartphone or email address, even though the minor is monitored during the trip.


Domestic Flights

If your child or your legal ward is older than 5 and less than 12 years of age and will fly unaccompanied on a domestic flight, an authorization issued by a family court will be required. The child must travel with:

Authorization from the family court;

  • Personal identification document;
  • A written travel consent from either parent or legal guardian, in the form of a document issued by a public notary or a private letter of consent with notarized signatures;
  • Completed Underage Minor Travel Authorization form.

Children from 5 to 12 years of age may use one of the following identification documents:

  • Passport;
  • Original or notarized copy of identification card (RG);*
  • Original or notarized copy of birth certificate;*

Children under the age of 12 who have traveled to a destination, but lost their documents before the return trip, will have to present a family court authorization to return, even if in the company of their parents.

If the unaccompanied minor is older than 12 but younger than 18 years of age, he/she will not need a court authorization to travel and may travel using:

  • Passport;
  • Original or notarized copy of identification card (RG);
  • Work permit.


International Flights

Children and teenagers from 5 to 18 years of age may travel to other countries with:

  • Travel authorization signed by both parents or issued by a family court;*
  • Original valid passport;
  • Identification card (RG), only when traveling to MERCOSUL member countries.

Parental authorization must be presented in the form of two original documents with notarized signatures (from both parents). Only one original version of the court-issued authorization need be provided.



  • Infants younger than 2 years of age may fly free of charge. However, they must travel on the lap of a responsible adult over the age of 18.
  • Only one lap child is allowed per passenger. If you are flying with twins, each child must travel with a paying adult passenger.

Check in ahead of time

Save time and have a pleasant trip.


Download the
Travel Authorization for Unaccompanied Minors form.

Download now

Print three copies.
Please give one copy to a GOL employee at the departure airport, one copy to the flight crew, and the final copy to a GOL employee at the destination airport.


Fill out the three copies
and do not forget the other documents required for travel.


That’s it!
You’ve saved time and your child can now enjoy a pleasant, safe and comfortable flight with GOL

  • Share