What is FREMEC?
The FREMEC is a document that can make life easier for travelers who have special medical needs. With it, you no longer have to present a medical report every time you travel, you simply show your personal ID when you board. Passengers with chronic and stable medical conditions are eligible for a FREMEC card.
FREMEC cardholders should notify GOL immediately any time their medical condition changes or worsens.
Please note: The card is only available to people with stable chronic medical conditions. Please note that the FREMEC card cannot be issued for children under the age of 2 (two).
Completing and submitting the FREMEC
- So that the GOL medical team can evaluate all the necessary information in order to ensure the passenger's safety, in addition to filling out the FREMEC form, passengers with auditory or visual impairments must also provide an audiometric or ophthalmic medical report, respectively. For other special needs passengers, these medical reports are not required; only the FREMEC form must be completed.
- The doctor who issues the ophthalmic report must also complete the FREMEC form. Both documents must be issued on the same date and include a diagnosis of the illness and its ICD code, the passenger’s clinical condition, and any possible comorbidities.
- Send the completed form to email@example.com
Response to the request
- Your request will be reviewed by GOL’s medical team and you will receive a response within 48 hours.
- If your request is approved, you will be emailed a document containing your FREMEC number, which you can start using to reserve tickets.
- Purchase your tickets by calling 0800 704 0465 and provide your FREMEC number when making your reservation.
- When boarding, just show your photo ID. You will not need to present a medical certificate or authorization.
- If you have any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
FREMEC with a companion
To request a reservation for a companion, the FREMEC travel form must be completed for each trip. Click here to download the form.
FREMEC with other airlines
If the passenger already has a FREMEC card with another airline, it is not necessary to file a new request. However, the passenger must provide a document verifying that the card has been approved or issued, as well as the travel request form, at least 72 hours prior to boarding.