GOL has changed its website in its continuous efforts to provide its services to a greater number of people. With its focus on the latest technological innovations and global trends, GOL is providing a website with accessibility resources in accordance with the recommendations of the WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) and the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium), a leading organization for standardization of the World Wide Web, which develops technical specifications and market guidelines.
Therefore, people with visual impairment, reduced vision, color blindness and reduced mobility can navigate our website using the new features GOL has implemented to facilitate accessibility, such as high contrast, font size scaling, shortcut keys and keyboard navigation.
To increase the font size, just click the A+ symbol on our accessibility bar. If you wish to return to the original font size, just click A-.
If needed, you can also use your browser’s native zoom feature. Hold “Ctrl” and press “+” to increase the zoom on the entire website and hold “Ctrl” and press “-” to decrease it. To return to the standard zoom, hold “Ctrl” and press the “0” key.
Shortcut keys by browser
Internet Explorer and Google Chrome:
- “Alt” + “1” - go to content
- “Alt” + “2” - go to menu
- “Alt” + “3” - go to footer
- “Alt” + “Shift” + “number”
- “Shift” + “Escape” + “number”
Safari and OmniWeb:
Navigating with the Tab key
Use the “Tab” key to toggle through user interface elements, such as links, buttons, form fields and other elements, in the order they appear on the page. Use “Shift” + “Tab” to toggle backwards. Use the arrow keys to scroll through text-based information.
Suggested programs available for people with disabilities
- - Nitrous Voice Flux: control your computer using your voice. Free.
- - NVDA: open source screen reader that supports many languages (Windows).
- - YeoSoft Text: screen reader (supports English and Portuguese).
- - Jaws for Windows: screen reader (many languages).
- - Virtual Vision: screen reader for Brazilian Portuguese.
- - DOSVOX: a system for people with visual impairment (Windows or Linux).
Note: check your screen reader’s manual for the best way to navigate web pages.
Telephone numbers for people with hearing impairment
GOL Customer Service: 0800 709 0466
Smiles: 0800 709 0466 (24 hours a day)