- Offering the lowest fare available
We will disclose on our website, at the ticket counter, or when you call our Reservation Center to inquire about a fare, that the lowest fare offered by GOL to the general public for the itinerary you have requested may be available elsewhere.
- Notifying consumers of known delays, cancellations and diversions
We will provide full and timely information on the status of known delays, cancellations, and diversions within 30 minutes of GOL becoming aware of the change in the status of the flight:
By making announcements in the boarding gate area and through the use of Gate Information.
Upon request, through our telephone reservation system (1 855 862 9190).
On our website www.voegol.com.
- Delivering baggage on time
It is our intention to deliver your baggage on time; however, in the event that this does not occur, we will make every reasonable effort to return misplaced baggage within 24 hours. We will compensate you for reasonable expenses that result due to a delay in delivery as required by applicable international agreements for international flights and reimburse passengers for any fee charged to transport a bag if that bag is lost.
If we cannot locate your bag within 21 days it will be considered lost, and we will reimburse you for any fee charged to transport your bag. Notify a GOL employee at the airport if you cannot locate your baggage.
- Risk free cancellation
Once you've bought a Ticket, you have one day to cancel it for any reason and receive a full refund—including any prepaid fees and Direct Ticketing Charges—with no cancellation fee.
- Providing ticket refunds within 7 days for credit card purchases, and within 20 business days for cash or check purchases
We will issue refunds for eligible domestic and international tickets within seven business days after receiving a complete refund request for credit card purchases, and within 20 business days after receiving a complete refund request for purchases made by cash or check.
- Properly accommodating passengers with disabilities and children traveling alone including during tarmac delays
We will provide the following assistance to all the customers that might need an extra help.
In the case of flights that begin or end in the United States, and at airports in connection with those flights, we will provide the assistance required by part 382 of the regulations of the United States department of transportation.
Customers with physical, visual and hearing disabilities, with reduced mobility, seniors aged over 60 years, pregnant women, breastfeeding women, people with lap child (under 2 years old) or any other person with a specific condition that limits his/her autonomy as a passenger will have a special queue to check-in and boarding and will be pre-boarded.
Customers with physical, visual and hearing disabilities or with reduced mobility that might be traveling alone will be specially assisted through his/her way from check-in at the origin station to the arrival lounge at destination station. GOL will provide the necessary equipment.
Passengers that require special services such as stretcher, portable oxygen concentrator, incubator or respirators, must contact our call center at least 72h prior to departure time. Portable oxygen concentrators, incubators and respirators are accepted, as long as they are approved by FAA and are battery operated (GOL accepts provided no wet or gel type battery). We remind you that supplementary oxygen cylinders and stretchers must be provided by GOL. According to safety and medical policies, passengers won’t be allowed to use their own.
Cylinders containing compressed gas are only accepted as checked baggage if they are empty or contain less than 40 psi. GOL will have a dedicated person to deal with specific issues related to customers with special needs. This CRO (complaint resolution official) can be contacted through the local gate agents by phone from Miami International Airport and Orlando International Airport. Assistance to unaccompanied minors is also available. Children aged between 5 to 12 years old can travel alone, but will obligatorily be accompanied by our employees through their entire trip until they are led to their parents/legal responsible person. Fees are applied for this service.
For children aged between 12 to 18 years old, this special service is not mandatory, it is optional and fees are applied. However, a special documentation is necessary for this customer to travel alone, such as formal authorization issued at a notary’s office from both parents.
For further information about documentation of minors or any other special service, visit www.gol.com or contact our call center: 1 855 862 9190.
- Meeting customers essential needs during lengthy tarmac delays as required by regulation and our contingency plan
In the event of a lengthy tarmac delay, GOL will provide those accommodations listed in its Tarmac Delay Plan.
- Handling “bumped” passengers with fairness and cosistency in the case of an oversold flight
It is not GOL’s policy to overbook its flights.
- Cancellation policies, frequent flyer rules, aircraft seating configuration, and lavatory availability on VOEGOL.COM and upon request, by calling reservation sales 1 855 862 9190
- Cancellation Policies
- Rules for Frequent Flyers
- Airplane configuration
- Availability toilet
- Notifying you in a timely manner of changes in your travel itinerary
We will attempt to contact you, via contact information provided in your reservation, about changes in your travel itinerary when the event is known at least one hour before departure.
- Ensuring responsiveness to customer complaints
We will acknowledge receipt of written customer complaints within 30 days of their receipt, and will send a substantive response within 60 days of receiving the complaint. In the case of written complaints concerning the US Department of Transportation’s rules regarding passengers with disabilities which are sent to us within 45 days after the incident, we will provide a dispositive response within 30 days after receipt.
- Identifying the services GOL provides to mitigate passenger inconveniences resulting from flight, cancellations and misconnects
- In cases of flight cancellations or misconnections, in addition to any other measures applicable under this Customer Service Plan:
- I. GOL will rebook the customer without any costs to the next available flight or another company flight.
- II. GOL will provide material facilities to the affected customers. These material facilities consist in satisfying the customer first needs. GOL will offer meal, transport and/or hotel vouchers, when applicable.
- If the customer lives at the same city as the Airport of the delay or misconnection the hotel facility won’t be offered.
- Vouchers for the material facilities will be provided by GOL employees and will be handed out to the customers. Customers will also receive in hand a new boarding pass with their new flight.